Ultrimax Water Based Grey Topcoat Satin
General Finishes water based High Performance topcoat has a UV stabilizer to protect it from breaking down in sunlight and ensure that any underlying stains will not fade. It is durable enough to be used on floors. This acrylic and polyurethane topcoat will produce a beautiful furniture quality finish on any project. Cleans up with soap and water.
Ideal for Interior Woodwork
- Acrylic brush, foam brush, paint pad applicator or spray
- Recommended uses: windows, bookcases, wall shelves, furniture, toys, dressers, stools, millwork,
- doors, kitchen cupboards, tables and more
- Interior use only
- VOC <275 g/l (2.25 lbs/gallon) excluding water
Why Choose Water Based vs Solvent Joinery Paint?
- MORE SOLIDS: Water based products contain more solids. More solids means less solvent and more solids sprayed on your product. Solvent disperses in the air as waste product or atomises.
- SPEED: More solids means less passes with a spraygun producing a quicker spray. Although water based products dry marginally slower than solvent a quicker spray counters the slower drying time.
- VOC’s: AC / PRE Catalysed products are very high in solvents and VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), whereas water based products are significantly lower. A good example is a standard solvent product may contain around 500g/litre of VOC however a water based product may have around 70g/litre.
- NOT ALL WATER BASED PRODUCTS ARE EQUAL: A word of caution* Always check your current suppliers MDS safety datasheets. Not all Water Based products are equal and some products sold, contain much higher levels of solvent / VOC than you may think! Ultrimax’s VOC rating is a market leader at 70g/litre of lower if your current supplier can’t match these figures ask what is ACTUALLY in your product.