Cranes Refurbished in Jotun System Metal Paint
(Cranes refurbished in Jotun system metal paint ) - Author - Andy Potts November 16th 2020 (reading time 2 mins)
(Cranes refurbished back to safe specification )
Bright colours are often a popular choice for cranes that will be seen for miles across a city landscape. Occasionally a company asks for restraint on colour to blend into the industrial setting and look highly functional and purposeful.
Ultrimax Advises on Metal Paint Specification
For this particular project Ultrimax have been asked by a regular customer to keep the system to a high specification and the colour within muted industrial tones.
After some collaboration a recommendation for a system was submitted. The decision to stay with one brand for the system in Jotun ensured that all paints would be designed to work in collaboration and would not react against each other causing paint issues.
Using the same system is always a code of best practise in paint to minimise paint problems, diagnosis issues and re-work later down the line.
Primer Paint - Jotun Penguard
For stage one of the system as a primer Jotun Penguard ZP primer was suggested.
Jotun Penguard Express ZP Primer is a fast drying, high solids, two pack zinc phosphate pigmented epoxy coating which may be applied in high film thickness and at lower temperatures.
For use as an anti corrosive primer and/or intermediate coating for corrosion protection of steel and other substrates in atmospheric exposure where fast dry-to-recoat and dry-to-handle times are desired. Can be used alone or in various systems of primers and topcoats.
Top with Hardtop XP
To finish off and following the same system principle Jotun Hardtop XP was recommended,
Hardtop Features & Benefits
Jotun Hardtop XP is one of the most trusted products in marine building and vessel maintenance. One reason is it adheres to strict IMO/Solas directives and ISO standards. Additional benefits of this topcoat include:
Ideal for exposed offshore buildings and maritime uses thanks to its long-lasting protection against corrosive atmospheric environments
Recommended for use on large structures thanks to its optimum viscosity
Can be applied using airless spray, roller or brush
Requires just two coats for a maintenance cycle of four years
Good application properties with low dry spray
Excellent 5mý per litre coverage
Choice of colours to match any surface
Quick drying time (six hours at 10øC/2 hours at 40øC for touch; 14 days/three days respectively for service)
For further information on Jotun systems or specification products and which you should be using contact us below.
Get expert advice
Our friendly Total Paint Shop Support Team can help you to choose the most suitable coatings and equipment for your needs.
For more information:
Call: 01302 856666
Sign up for new updates as we release them: Sign up
YouTube: Need advice but like watching short videos? Check out our YouTube Help Channel.
- Why is Jotun Paint so good?
- Which is the best Spray Gun?
- How To Pick The Best Paint Thinner
- How to Choose Intumescent & Heat resistant Paint
- Painting in Cold & Damp Weather
- Everything You Need To Know About Boat Painting
- Anti-skid Marine Pontoons
- Sheffield Dunelt Motorbike Restoration in Ultrithane 21
- Prestech Agricultural Refurbishment - Rust to Topcoat
- How to select the best spray gun tips for your paint job
- How a Paint Strainer can save you time & improve your job
- How to use a Dry Film Thickness and Wet Film Thickness Gauge
- 3M PPS Cups System - Why you need one?
- Which Spray Booth Do I Need? (Dry Filter, Water Wash or Inflatable!)
- Paint Drying Racks - Why they save you Time, Money & Bottlenecks
- Paint Booth Heater - why you should use one in hot and cold conditions
- Paint finishing Problems - Youtube channel
- 3 Ways a Paint Drying Rack Saves Time, Money and Bottlenecks
- How Often Should You Change Spray Booth Filters?
- Water Treatment for Your Water Wash Spray Booth
- 5 Reasons to Use a Peelable Paint Booth Coating
Follow us on:
Get in touch... today!
Guaranteed reply in 1 hour within business hours.
Thank you for your interest in Ultrimax Coatings Ltd.
There was a problem with the form submission, please try again.