Jotun Jotacote Universal Two Pack Epoxy Coating - Aluminium
Product Ref: IPJC20A
2 people have viewed this product in the last 24 hours
No rating yet
Write a review
Thank you. Your review has been submitted and subject to moderation, will appear on this page shortly.
0 loyalty points
Ask a Question
We reply in 59 minutes or less within business hours.
Thank you for your interest in Ultrimax Coatings Ltd.
There was a problem with the form submission, please try again.
Jotun Jotacote Universal Two Pack Epoxy Coating
Jotun Jotacote Univeral is a two-pack, abrasion-resistant, high solids, compliant, pure epoxy based primer/finish coat which may be applied in high film thickness. A universal primer specifically designed for use in newbuilding situations. Gives excellent corrosion protection both in salt and freshwater.
Typical Uses for Jotacote Universal
It is commonly used in the Marine sector for exterior and interior areas, including outside hulls, superstructures, decks, cargo holds and water ballast tanks.
For the protective sector, it is recommended for offshore environments, including splash zones, refineries, power plants, bridges, buildings, mining equipment and general structural steel.
This isn't a limit on where you can Jotacote Universal. Because of its excellent corrosion protection, it is ideal for any areas that come into contact with harsh and extreme environments.
Approvals and Certificates
It has been approved for PSPC for Water Ballast Tanks according to IMO Res. MSC 215(82)
Features & Benefits
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Can be used as a primer coat, mid-coat, topcoat or as a single coat system
- Can be applied at a higher film thickness recommended without losing any of its technical properties
Film Thickness of Jotacote Universal
Jotun Jotacote Universal has a unique feature that means the coating can be applied up to 50% higher than the recommended film thickness without losing any of the coatings technical properties. The film thickness of any coating can dramatically increase in hard to reach areas and overlap zones, so the fact that Jotacote Universal can still perform to all its technical properties at a 50% higher film thickness is a great feature.
Application of Jotun Jotacote Universal
For spray application, airless spray is needed. For smaller areas, you can use brush or roller but care must be taken to achieve the correct film thickness. Roller application isn't recommended for applying the first primer coat.
Features & Benefits
- All year, all round newbuilding primer
- Abrasion resistant
- IMO PSPC for WBT approved
- Fast drying, fast handling
- Low temperature applicable
All year, all round
- One product - all round – all year
- Fast drying, short re-coating and handling time
- Long over coating intervals
- Simplification of the painting process and east application
- Wide range of dry film thickness
- Compatibility to all substrates, shop-pirimers and subsequent coating systems
- Excellent anti-corrosion property
- Best in class anti-abrasion quality
- Wide re-coating window to reduce the risk of application error
- Perfect in combination with cathodic protection from the construction stage
- Excellent adhesion properties to all system solutions
Lasting anti-corrosive protection
Jotacote Universal is designed to achieve the highest standards of corrosion protection. It is comply with IMO Resolution MSC. 215(82) Performance Standard for Protective Coatings (PSPC). Jotacote Universal has also achieved NORSOK approvals for offshore corrosion protection.
For Use On - Galvanised Steel, Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Concrete
Application Method - Brush, Roller, Spray
Sheen - Semi-Gloss
Colour - Standard / Ready Mixed
Single, Two or Three Pack - Two-Pack
Product Certifications - Approved for PSPC for Water Balast Tanks acording to IMO Res. MSC 215(82)
Pack Size - 20L
Application - Brush, Roller, Spray
Coverage - 2.4 to 9.6m²/l
Touch Dry - 2.5 hours
Other Customers Also Bought:
The below products are often purchased together with the above item.