Ultrimax are ISO 9001:2015 Certified, the standard that outlines the requirements an organisation must maintain in their quality system. ISO9001 is an internationally recognized Quality Management System.
What is a Quality Management System?
A set of policies, processes and procedures required for planning and execution (production/development/service) in the core business area of an organization, that will ultimately lead to improved business performance. ISO 9001 is an example of a Quality Management System.
A Quality Management System in its basic concept is quite simple. It seeks to,
- Recognize interested part requirements including guidelines & customer requirements.
- Ensure that all requirements have been met.
- Confirm that employees receive applicable training in the quality system requirements.
- Produce records or evidence that system requirements have been met.
- Determine processes, their interaction, inputs and outputs.
- Measure, monitor and report the performance of the QMS.
- Perform internal audit to analyse the QMS and correct nonconformities.
- Plan changes to the QMS and take actions to address risks and opportunities as a result of changes
- Continually improve the QMS
Risk-based thinking has always been in ISO 9001 – this revision builds it into the whole management system. In ISO 9001:2015 risk-based thinking needs to be considered from the beginning and throughout the system, making preventive action inherent to planning, operation, analysis and evaluation activities.
- It is on-going
- Increases the probability of reaching objectives,
- Ensures greater knowledge of risks & improves preparedness
- Makes prevention a habit
- Reduces the probability of negative results
Organisations of all types and sizes find that through the process of continuing to review and improve systems, the standard can positively help your business to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and increase the effectiveness of your operations. It helps to show you have strong corporate governance and be more resilient & build a sustainable business.