Why Ultrimax 2 Isocyanate-Free 2K Paint Is Perfect for Agricultural Machinery and Fenestration) – Author – Andy Potts November 16th 2020 (reading time 5 mins)
(Isocyanates in 2k paint has long been a topic for discussion amongst professional painters )
Ultrimax 2 is one of the latest innovations in the Ultrimax range of industrial coatings and a best-seller with our customers in the agricultural and fenestration sectors. This article explains why this product is flying off the shelves and what it can do for your paint shop.
But before we explore the benefits of Ultrimax 2, it’s important to understand the difference between 1-pack (1K) and 2-pack (2K) paint and why isocyanate-free 2K coatings are the way to go.
1-pack vs 2-pack paint
The main difference between 1-pack and 2-pack paint is the way that they dry. 1K will air-dry, whereas 2K paint requires an activator (sometimes an isocyanate hardener) to instigate the drying and curing process.
- Fast drying times – speeds up production.
- Cost-effective – does not require a separate hardener, an extraction booth or top-end PPE.
- Isocyanate-free – low risk for user health and safety.
- Easy to use – suitable for the professional and DIYer.
- Limited uses – building interiors, low-traffic areas and surfaces that are subject to minimal wear and tear.
- Cures to a highly durable finish — excellent resistance to weather, chemical and UV damage, making it suitable for exteriors, high-traffic areas and surfaces that are exposed to harsh environments.
- Short use life once the hardener has been activated – high wastage costs.
- Can Contain hazardous isocyanates – requires top-end PPE and an extraction booth for spraying, increasing both costs health and safety risks.
Learn more about 1k Paint vs 2K Paint
Ultrimax 2 Isocyanate-free 2K paint – best of both
Paint manufacturers are starting to evolve coatings technology to create products that have the properties of 2K paint without the cons of isocyanates. UK-based Ultrimax Coatings is at the fore of such innovations with its isocyanate-free 2K paint, Ultrimax 2 high-gloss topcoat.
What problems does Ultrimax 2 solve for agricultural and fenestration paint jobs?
Ultrimax 2 is still a 2K paint, so it has the durability, hardness and adhesion properties needed for commercial projects. However, the product is cheaper, safer and more convenient to use owing to the elimination of harmful isocyanates.
Reduced spend on specialist equipment
Ultrimax 2 doesn’t require top-end air-fed respiratory PPE or a spray booth extraction system, reducing your production costs significantly. You also have the option of applying the product with a roller or brush if you don’t want to invest in spray equipment.
Safer for your workforce
When you choose Ultrimax 2 isocyanate-free 2K paint, you are putting your sprayers at less risk and reducing the number of measures needed to maintain health and safety in the workplace.
Use outside and on-site
Because there is no need for booth extraction, Ultrimax 2 allows farmers to paint plant and agricultural vehicles in barns, sheds or in out in the open, and UPVC window sprayers can work outside or on-site.
Durable high-gloss finish
Ultrimax 2 produces a top-quality high-gloss finish that can withstand the elements and heavy use. It’s the ideal solution for finishing UPVC window frames, tractor wheels, cabs and farm trailers.
Ultrimax 2 can be mixed to any RAL or BS colour. It can also be matched to any common plant and machinery colour, such as John Deere Green, Kubota Orange or JCB Yellow. All shades have excellent colour retention and durability for harsh outdoor environments.
Full Benefits of Ultrimax 2 and How to Mix 2-Pack Isocyanate-Free Paint
Are there any downsides?
Only if you need ultra-fast drying times, and if you do, standard 2-pack paint is the way to go at the moment. Investing in high-spec PPE and a spray booth filtration system is a must in this situation.
“All staff here are extremely happy with Ultrimax. We’ve had issues, but you have sorted them immediately. The quality of the product and service is second to none, so much so it has had a knock-on effect with our customers; our paint side of the business is in full demand – keep it up, it’s all yours.”
Agriculture Manufacturing Company in Staffordshire
Need some advice or support?
Our friendly Total Paint Shop Support Team are ready to help.
Call us: +44 (0) 1302 856666
Email us: email@example.com
- Health & Safety Guide to Isocyanates
- Which is the best Spray Gun?
- How To Pick The Best Paint Thinner
- How to Choose Intumescent & Heat resistant Paint
- Painting in Cold & Damp Weather
- Everything You Need To Know About Boat Painting
- Anti-skid Marine Pontoons
- Paint Spraying Courses by Ultrimax
- Sheffield Dunelt Motorbike Restoration in Ultrithane 21
- Prestech Agricultural Refurbishment – Rust to Topcoat
- How to select the best spray gun tips for your paint job
- How a Paint Strainer can save you time & improve your job
- How to use a Dry Film Thickness and Wet Film Thickness Gauge
- 3M PPS Cups System – Why you need one?
- Which Spray Booth Do I Need? (Dry Filter, Water Wash or Inflatable!)
- Why is Jotun Paint so good?
- Paint Drying Racks – Why they save you Time, Money & Bottlenecks
- Paint Booth Heater – why you should use one in hot and cold conditions
- Paint finishing Problems – Youtube channel
- 3 Ways a Paint Drying Rack Saves Time, Money and Bottlenecks
- How Often Should You Change Spray Booth Filters?
- Water Treatment for Your Water Wash Spray Booth
- 5 Reasons to Use a Peelable Paint Booth Coating