Ultrimax are ISO 14001 Certified, an internationally agreed standard that sets out the requirements for an environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework for organisations to improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste. It can be used by any organisation regardless of its activity or sector, and can provide assurance to internal and external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
What is an Environmental Management System?
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a set of processes and practices that enable an organisation to reduce its environmental impacts and increase its operating efficiency.
ISO 14001 requires that an organisation considers all environmental issues relevant to its operations, such as air pollution, water and sewage issues, waste management, soil contamination, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and resource use and efficiency.
It is a continuous improvement process with the following basic elements:
- Reviewing the company’s environmental goals
- Analysing its environmental impacts and legal requirements
- Setting environmental objectives and targets to reduce legal requirements
- Establishing programs to meet these objectives and targets
- Monitoring and measuring progress in achieving the objectives
- Ensuring employees’ environmental awareness and competence
- Reviewing the progress of the EMA and making improvements
What benefits will ISO 14001 bring to my business or organisation?
As well as introducing an environmental management system into your business to ensure compliance, ISO 140001 can also:
- Demonstrate compliance with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements
- Increase leadership involvement and engagement of employees
- Improve company reputation and the confidence of stakeholders through strategic communication
- Positive public image, demonstrating Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
- Provide a competitive and financial advantage by creating savings in consumption of energy and materials, and reducing cost of waste management
- Stand out from competitors by demonstrating green credentials
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems
- Lower distribution costs