5 Ways Static Cling Paint Protection Film / Masking Film Can Save You Money. Author – Andy Potts July 16th 2020 (reading time 2 mins)
Example of static protection film or masking film in action
It might be a little more expensive than standard masking sheeting, but clear static paint protection film wins hands down on performance.
Here’s how it can save you production time… which will save you money.
It’s quick and easy to use
Standard masking films can be difficult to handle and apply, but clear static film makes the job much easier. The charge actively pushes the sheeting around the contours of the item that you’re trying to cover, so you can quickly and accurately protect areas of the object that you’re working on. It’s super easy to cut and shape too.
Masking film doesn’t slip or lose its stick
Cling film lives up to its name. Because it uses an electrical static charge, it wraps around awkward surfaces, corners and contours and stays there. So, there’s far less risk of accidentally spraying areas that you want to protect.
3. It’s easy to remove
Static masking film is clean and easy to remove, and because there’s no adhesive backing, it won’t leave any residue.
4.It keeps your work area clean
Static doesn’t just attract the film to the item that you’re covering, it also draws particles and overspray to the sheet, so there’s very little mess.
5. Masking film is versatile
Static masking film is available in widths to suit most situations, so it can cover large sections and whole vehicles in one pass.
View our overview video for Masking Film
Try the Ultrimax static cling paint protection film – Masking Film
Our clear static wrap is translucent and light-reflective to optimise visibility in the spray booth. Use it in conjunction with 3M Dirt Trap Film to protect your paint booth windows and lights.
Click on the links below to buy online or contact our Total Paint Support Team for help and advice.
Learn more about TPS4
Watch this short video to find out more about TPS4 and how it can benefit your paint shop:
Get more information
Download brochure: Click here
Need More Advice?
Got a question?
Our Total Paint Shop Support Team can help you with any enquiries, from product advice to looking after each other in the face of COVID-19.
For more information:
Call: 01302 856666
Sign up for new updates as we release them: Sign up
YouTube: Need advice but like watching short videos? Check out our YouTube Help Channel.
Download: Ultrimax Catalogue
- How to use a Dry Film Thickness and Wet Film Thickness Gauge
- 3M PPS Cups System – Why you need one?
- Which Spray Booth Do I Need? (Dry Filter, Water Wash or Inflatable!)
- Why is Jotun Paint so good?
- Paint Drying Racks – Why they save you Time, Money & Bottlenecks
- Paint Booth Heater – why you should use one in hot and cold conditions
- Paint finishing Problems – Youtube channel
- 3 Ways a Paint Drying Rack Saves Time, Money and Bottlenecks
- How Often Should You Change Spray Booth Filters?
- Water Treatment for Your Water Wash Spray Booth
- 5 Reasons to Use a Peelable Paint Booth Coating